Fire Alarm Technician
Total LifeSafety Corporation (TLC) is a local fire alarm, fire sprinkler, and security company on the Treasure Coast. TLC opened its doors in 2012, we care about building strong customer relations, and continued technical training for qualified employees. In the past 5 years we have tripled in size and we’re excited to seek candidates that are ready to join us as we continue to expand.
TLC is seeking qualified fire alarm technicians, for commercial fire alarm installations, service repairs, and structural cabling. This position requires the following:
• Install and program fire system panels and devices
• Install and program intrusion, access control, CCTV systems, and elevator communications.
• Interpret scopes of work and blueprints, complete jobs in a timely matter
• Abide by building code standards and company safety standards
• Identify and prepare pathways and supports for new cabling system installations
• Exhibit professional appearance and conduct
• Service & repair fire alarm systems, access control and security systems CCTV.
• Handle service issues on-site including accurately preparing paperwork.
• Communicate clearly as a team with coworkers and customers.
• Evaluate and diagnose equipment that requires servicing as well as troubleshoot problems.
• Provide specific solutions and recommendations to the service manager.
• Must be available to respond to occasional after hours calls and be a part of a call schedule.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Familiarity with Fire Lite, Silent Knight, Notifier, panels and systems
• Experience with EST, FCI, Simplex or other fire systems a plus
• Knowledge of electronics and excellent troubleshooting skills
• Strong organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills
• Experience performing installation duties in commercial security or related industries
• Valid driver’s license with clear driving record
• 1 or more years of experience as a Service Technician within the Fire Protection industry.
• Completion of FASA, BASA, or willing to obtain certification within 90 days.
• Ability to run conduit and cable professionally.
• Strong knowledge of building & fire codes for inspection purposes.
• Strong problem-solving abilities and customer relation skills including Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 50lbs and climb ladders and scaffolding.
• Must pass state mandated background check and drug screen
When joining TLC’s team, you will be eligible for our benefits including:
• Monday – Friday work schedule (40 hours/ week)
• 401K (with company to match, up to 4%)
• Full healthcare package including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company paid life insurance
• Personal time off (PTO) beginning after (1) year of employment
• Paid holidays
If this position sparks your interest, please send a detailed resume to our office at Michelle@tlcfireandsecurity.com to be considered.