Historical Society of Palm Beach County and the Johnson History Museum
Educational ProgramsNon-profit Organizations
- 300 North Dixie Highway Suite 471 West Palm Beach FL 33401
- Send Email
The Johnson History Museum is open Monday - Friday 10am - 5pm, Saturday 10am - 4pm, closed Sundays
We are located on the corner of North Dixie Hwy. and 3rd street in the 1916 historic Court House across the street from the main county court house.
Located in the Historic 1916 Court House, the admission-free Richard and Pat Johnson Palm Beach County History Museum brings history to life! The Museum, operated by the Historical Society of Palm Beach County, enriches lessons by making local history accessible, interesting and meaningful. The Museum’s two main galleries focus on the People and Places of the county, while a special third gallery changes topic annually. Rotating traveling exhibits are displayed in the building’s Historic Courtroom throughout the year.
- Free docent-led Museum tours available to schools and groups
- Free addmission
- An afternoon and evening lecture series, featuring renowned authors and storytellers, from November to April
- Research Library and Archives available with professional support by appointment
- Exciting events throughout the season for all ages